Here are some easy steps you can follow to fix camtasia studio mp4 codec problem.
At this speed, getting the hacked version before it happens is almost worth it simply because of the functionality (after all, it’s not hacked if you’ve already paid for it) Oh and you put me in this Techsmith … If you really invested your money in tests that go into the “newer and better version” nonsense, I wouldn’t be under such pressure. HoweverSome of us really need to make a living by the actual quality of our products, the value of which is assumed based on previous expectations. Stop clicking on money / grocery shopping until you learn the lesson!
Why Can’t I Import MP4 Into Camtasia Studio?
To answer this question, you need to know what types of mp4 files can be loaded into Camtasia Studio for editing. The list of file formats supported by Camtasia for Windows / Mac indicates that Camtasia Studio for Windows only supports importing MP4 files encoded with H.264 / AVC at a maximum rate of 30 frames per second. For Camtasia Editor for Mac, it is highly recommended to import MP4 / H.264 (AVC) formats.
Make sure the file format is supported by Camtasia.
- Camrec: Files are no longer supported in Camtasia 2020.
- MP4: Videos must be encoded using the H.264 codec.
- TREC: Bytefence can cause this error and corrupt TREC files. To fix this problem, uninstall ByteFence from Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall a Program.
- TREC: If this error occurs after saving, the TREC file may be damaged and cannot be recovered.
- Make sure you are importing media from a local drive and not from a network, external or cloud drive.
- MOV from Apple device: H.264 and PNG codecs only. Please see this article for more information. If the video is from an iPhone 7 or later and is running iOS 11, change the video format in Settings> Camera> Formats and select Best Compatibility.
If none of these solutions solve the problem, please submit a support ticket.