If you receive the error code “CD not found application error”, this guide is here to help you.
- READ ALSO: How to view registry files without importing them in Windows 10
To modify the registry, do the following:
- Press Windows Key R and type regedit. Click OK or press Enter.
- When Registry Editor opens, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerMountPoints2 in the left pane.
- Optional: Right-click the MountPoints2 button and choose Export from the menu. Save the file to a safe place on your computer. This file is a backup of this registry key and you can use it to restore the registry to its previous state.
- Right-click the MountPoints2 button and choose Remove from the menu.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, make sure the DVD drive is working properly.
Solution 4: Change the default zip program
AfterFor your users, when trying to open zip files, they may receive an “application not found” error. Users reported that this error occurs because the zip files are not configured for use with the standard zip software. This can happen if you install new zip archive software and Windows 10 does not automatically change file associations. To fix this problem, you need to change the default application for ZIP files. This is relatively easy to do by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, select System> Default Apps.
- Scroll down and select “Select default apps by file type”.
- A list of default file types and applications is displayed. Find the .zip and select the default app you want.
- Close the Settings app and see if it’s resolvedis there a problem.
If you don’t want to use the Settings app, you can also use the standard programs in the Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key X to open the Win X menu. Select Control Panel from the list.
- When the Control Panel opens, select “Default Programs”.
- Select Assign File Type or Protocol to Program.
- When the list of file extensions opens, locate the .zip extension and double-click it.
- Select the desired standard ZIP file application.
- READ ALSO. Fixed: Dropbox zip file is too large.
It should be noted that this issue can affect other file types, not just .zip. If you have this problem while opening a different file type, you should changethe default application for this file type.
Solution 5: Disable Windows Media Player
The “Application not found” error can sometimes occur due to issues with Windows Media Player. However, users have said that the easiest way to fix the problem is to turn off Windows Media Player and turn it back on. This is fairly easy to do by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key S and navigate to Windows Functions. From the menu, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- After the Windows Features window opens, expand the Multimedia Features folder. Find Windows Media Player and turn it off.
- A confirmation menu will appear. Click Yes.
- Now click “OK” to save your changes.
- Restart your computer.
- Repeat the same steps when restarting your computer and restarting Windows Media Player.
Solution 6. Install VLC player
According to users, when inserting a DVD movie, an “Applications not found” error appears. Users reported that playback did not start and instead received an error message. This issue occurs because there is no default application for DVDs. To solve the problem, users suggest installing VLC Player. Then you can play any DVD movie without any problem. If you are not a fan of VLC player, you can install any other media player that supports DVD playback.
Solution 7: Use the Open command to access your files
This is just a quick fix, but should help you when you need quick access to your optical drive or removable media. The “Application not found” error appears when you have problems with your autorun settings. Also, you get this error when you try to access removable storage by double clicking on it.
- READ ALSO. Fixed: VLC Media Player stuck on Windows 10.
This can make a big difference, especially if you are in a hurry and need Get access to your files. There is a quick fix, and while this method doesn’t fix the problem, you can view and access your files. To access your files, do the following:
- Open this computer.
- When this PC window opens, find the drive that you do not have access to and right-click on it.
- Select “Open” from the menu.
After that, you should be able to access your files without any problems. Please note that this is only a workaround. However, you should be able to avoid the error message by using this solution.
Solution 8: Delete autorun.inf
If you receive an “Application not found” error message on your computer when installing removable media, the way to fix it is to delete the autorun.inf file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Please insert removable media.
- Open the removable media by following the steps in the previous solution. If the “Open” option does not work, select the “Explore” option instead.Live “.
- When accessing removable storage, click the View menu and enable the Hidden Items option.
- Find the autorun.inf file and delete it.
- Disconnect and reconnect removable media.
Some users reported that autorun.inf is not available on their removable media. In this case, you will have to use the command line to solve this problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When Command Prompt opens, enter the following lines. Note that you must replace X with the letter that represents your drive:
- attrib -s -r -h X: autorun.inf
- del X: autorun.inf
- After running these commands, close the command prompt and check if the removable storage is running.
- READ ALSO: Microsoft won’t remove command prompt in Windows 10 Creators Update
Solution 9: Change the drive letter
Some users reported that heand can fix the Application Not Found error simply by changing the drive letter. It is a fairly simple procedure that can be done like this:
- Press Windows Key X and choose Disk Management from the menu.
- Find your DVD drive or removable media and right click it. Select Change drive letter and paths.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the desired drive letter and click OK.