This guide describes some of the possible causes that can lead to a damaged boot sector. Then I will provide possible fixes with which you can try to resolve this issue.
Boot from the original installation DVD (or USB recovery drive).On the home screen, click Repair your computer.Select Troubleshoot.Select Command Prompt.When loading the command line, enter the following commands: bootrec / FixMbr bootrec / FixBoot bootrec / ScanOs bootrec / RebuildBcd.More Articles …
A corrupted MBR or boot sector is a lot of problems. It will be difficult for you to start Windows until you are done.
If you’ve tried to boot Windows 10 and a boot sector error appears on a dark screen, it almost always indicates a damaged MBR or a critical hard drive failure.
- Every time you turn on your computer, the boot loader (which is part of the MBR) must load your operating system.
- Corrupted MBR issues are preventing them from happening. So feel free to use the tips below.
- Without any specific reason for some startup errors, our Startup Troubleshooting section is helpful if you have any problems. logical problems.
- You can also visit our laptop and computer center to find proven solutions that you can apply when needed.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC repair tool: This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your computer for maximum performance. Solve PC problems and remove viruses now in three easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC repair tool complete with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that may be causing problems with your computer.
- Click “Repair All” to resolve issues affecting the security and performance of your computer.
- Restoro has 0 followers this month.
We can fix this problemin several ways. So check out the instructions below.
A little tip:
This is not one of the most common mistakes you see on a regular basis. Boot sector problems are mainly caused by damaged hard drive or misuse of certain system files.
Black screen and startup error scare the inexperienced user. However, when using Ashampoo Win Optimizer, they can be fixed without additional effort.
This incredible optimization is known for its superior hard drive scans, fully updated defragmentation with minimal performance degradation, and accurate scan logs.
Ashampoo Win Optimizer
Ashampoo Win Optimizer is a utility for optimizing large MBR problems.
Reasons For Master Boot Record Corruption
It has been widely found that due to improper shutdown, power failure, malware attack and other incorrect operations such as deletingThe partition containing the system, the MBR is damaged. This will prevent the operating system from loading onto the computer at startup, and you will see various errors listed below.
Boot Sector Repair
Here we offer you effective ways to recover a damaged boot sector.
Note. If Windows does not start on your computer and you made a backupSystem before, then System Restore would be a good solution.