If dnsapi dll error occurs on your system, this guide should help you fix it.
The DNSAPI.dll file is used by the Windows API “DNS Client”. The main purpose of this critical DLL is to direct internet traffic to the correct addresses. This file is used every time you browse the Internet.
It also records instructions and information for executable files. This dnsapi file was created to share multiple programs and keep your system running efficiently.
Although this file is hidden on most systems, it creates a lot of problems as soon as this DLL file becomes inaccessible or when your computer can no longer access the important parameters it contains.
If you are one of those users who is missing dnsapi.dll error message, here are the solutions to fix the problem.
Read this article and apply the suggested solutions to easily Fix this DLL error. Also, investigate the causes of the dnsapi.dll error and other error messages.
What Is Dnsapi.dll?
Dnsapi.dll is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file developed by Microsoft that belongs to the important system files of the Windows operating system. It usually contains a number of driver procedures and functions that Windows can execute.
Method 1. Detection And Treatment Of Infection
We strongly recommend using the official channels to troubleshoot dnsapi.dll related errors. If you suspect that the dnsapi.dll file may have been hijacked by malware, test this theory by running a security scanner.
If you’re using an integrated security solution (Windows Defender), real-time protection should automatically detect and remediate intrusion (if you have the latest security updates).
If you are using a third-party antivirus program, make sure that it has been updated to the latest version so that you do not risk deleting a good dnsapi.dll file as a result of a false positive.
However, the best way is to run p Full scan with Malwarebytes. This security scanner is known for its reliability and the ability to remove leftover files, preventing dnsapi.dll from being detected. Dnsapi.dll does not start. Error loading dnsapi.dll € or “The specific module dnsapi.dll could not find any errors” that appears after the infection has been removed.
If you don’t know how to run a full scan with Malwarebytes, follow our step-by-step guide (here) on how to download, install, and use Malwarebytes.
Method 2: Resolve Dnsapi.dll By Using Autorun
If the file “dnsapi.dll” does not start (“dnsapi.dll not found”, “dnsapi.dll” could not be started, “error loading dnsapi.dll” or “dnsapi.dll – may not be found.” This is because a malicious file that was part of (or was used by) the infection has been removed from your security package.
Some security packages often fight infection without deleting all files involved in the infection. Sometimes startup items and registry keys remain in the system and cause a malicious file to run even after it is removed by the security program Clarity. In this case, Windows will automatically display an error pop-up window.
There are several ways to deal with the dnsapi.dll file error, but let’s take a simpler approach. Autoruns is Microsoft tested software that can be used to identify, organize, and remove unused Runonce, Run, Startup folders and registry keys.
In our case, it is ideal because it allows us to identify and remove the startup items (or registry keys) that call a file that no longer exists. Here is a quick guide to installing and using Autoruns to troubleshoot dnsapi.dll errors:
- Go to this link (here), scroll down to the downloads section, then click the Download Autoruns and Autorunsc link. After downloading the .rar file, use WinRar or a similar utility to extract the file to a folder of your choice.
- Open the folder containing the extracted files and double-click the autorun executable. After opening the program, wait until the “All” list is completely filled with items.
- After loading all the elements, call the search function by pressing Ctrl F on your keyboard. In the field next to Find What, enter “dnsapi.dll” and click the Find Next button, 377px “src =” https://cdn.appuals.com/wp-content/uploads / 2018/05 / find -next .jpg “srcset =” https://cdn.appuals.com/wp-content/uploads /2018/05/find-next.jpg 377w, https://cdn.appuals.com / wp-content / uploads / 2018 /05/find-next-150×59.jpg 150W, https://cdn.appuals.com /wp-content/uploads/2018/05/find-next-300×119.jpg 300W “>
- Then right-click each startup key (registry key) highlighted in blue and click Delete to delete it. When you’re done, click Next again and deleteCheck all identified entries that call the dnsapi.dll file.
- After you have successfully dealt with all incidents, you can safely end the autostart and restart your computer. You should no longer receive errors related to the dnsapi.dll file.