When installing the service pack, you may receive an “Error 1335” message similar to the following:
The “CAB” PCW_CAB_78CB96C9 “CAB file required for this installation is corrupted and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, a CD-ROM error, or a problem with this package. ”
The actual name of the CAB file may differ from the example above.
The .cab file in the service pack installation package is corrupted.
When downloading service packs or hotfix installers from the Internet, certain proxy or firewall settings can cause the cabinet file to become corrupted.
Solution Or Workaround
Download the service pack or complete configuration of the software product on a network that is not controlled by a proxy or contact ESRI Customer Support for a copy of the required installation media (DVD).
- ESRI Customer Support
Last Published: 05/05/2016
Article ID: 000008876
What Is QuickBooks Error 1335?
QuickBooks error 1335 means the .cab file (data1.cab) required for the current installation is damaged or corrupted. Also, you cannot use the CAB (2) file, which is another important file for this installation. QB error 1335 is actually a Microsoft Windows bug that occurs when updating accounting software.baking or restoring the installation.
When updating QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation, one of the following Microsoft Windows errors may occur:
- Error 1335: The cab file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupted and cannot be used.
- Error 1335: The CAB file  required for this installation cannot be used.
Step 1. Disable or disable any installed antivirus software or firewalls.
- The steps to do this differ depending on the type of provider and the version you are using. For more information, see Help from your antivirus or firewall vendor.
- If no antivirus or firewall is installed, go to step 2.
Step 2. Unregister and re-register the Microsoft Installer component.
- Open a command prompt window.
- Windows XP – click the Windows Start menu -> click Run -> type CMD -> click OK.
- Windows Vista / 7 – Click the Windows Start menu -> Enter CMD in Search Programs and File Types -> Click Filtered CMD in the Up Menu y.
Step 3. Run the software installation again.