If you see a Windows XP boot.ini error code on your computer, use these recovery methods.
Fixed error “Invalid BOOT.INI file when booting from C: Windows ” and other problems with BOOT.INI affecting Windows XP.
What Is Boot.ini File?
Boot.ini is a hidden text file for Windows NT / 2000 / XP / Server 2003 that contains the information needed to create the boot menu. It is usually located in the root directory of the C drive. It usually gives users the ability to choose which system to access if the computer has multiple operating systems.
You Can Use The Windows Installation CD To Solve The Problem.
- Insert the Windows XP CD into your computer.
- Restart your computer from the Windows installation CD.
- Press any key when prompted to press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
- On the Welcome to Installer screen, press R.
- Select the Windows XP installation you want to repair.
- Enter the administrator password and press Enter.
- At the command prompt, enter “copy C: boot.ini C: boot.ini.bak” and press
to keep the old boot.ini file.
- Type bootcfg / rebuild and press
to rebuild the boot.ini file following the instructions on the screen.
- 9. Remove the Windows XP CD, type “exit” and press
to restart your computer.
Here Are The Easy Steps With Lazesoft Recovery Suite To Fix This Error:
- Create a recovery CD or USB drive using Lazesoft Windows Recovery.
- Boot your computer from a new Lazesoft recovery CD or from a USB drive.
- With Lazesoft Windows Recovery running, select the target Windows installation.
- In the Boot Failure -> Restore Boot Menu module, click the Restore Boot Menu button.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Lazesoft Recovery Suite is a very easy-to-use ALL-IN-ONE boot disk that recovers your crashed Windows, recovers data from deleted, formatted or damaged partitions, clonein or backup drives and resets your forgotten Windows password.
Download | Order now!
Lazesoft Recovery Suite is easy to use and has a powerful boot disk design for data recovery, damaged Windows system recovery, Windows password recovery, disk cloning or backup, etc.