This user guide is designed to help you if you receive the error message Troubleshooting iphone 4 3194.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and turn it off completely.
- Press and hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button while holding the home button.
Download articleDownload article
If you receive error 3194 in iTunes, you are not connecting to Apple server incorrectly to verify firmware signature. This usually happens due to the fact that in the past you have jailbroken your device and changed the way iTunes connects to the verification server. You can fix this problem by modifying the hosts file. You can also factory reset your device to get it working again.
This article was co-authored by our team of editors and researchers who have verified its accuracy and completeness. The WikiHow content management team closely monitors the work of our editorial team to ensure that each article is backed by reliable research and meets our high quality standards.
This article has been viewed 381,755 times.
Learn more …
Overview: Causes, Symptoms, And Common Cases Of ITunes Error 3194
“When I tried to restore my iPhone 11 through iTunes, I got error 3194. Can I fix this problem?”
iTunes error 3194 is an error that can causeIf you try to update, restore or sync iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch using iTunes. Many users have had an unpleasant experience with this error. When attacked due to iTunes error 3194, a pop-up window appears stating the error “iPhone cannot be restored. An unknown error has occurred (3194). ”
iTunes error 3194 occurs when iTunes cannot connect or contact the Apple server to verify the firmware signature. In most cases, this is due to the fact that the optimization changed the hosts file, which was blocking Apple’s servers, usually when users switch devices using a jailbreak utility. … The most effective way to resolve iTunes error 3194 is to check and edit the host files. Here we show you step by step how to do it. Then you don’t have to try all the fixes online one by one to fix the problem.
Part 2: How To Fix Error 3194 In IPhone / ITunes?
Solution 1: Fix IPhone / ITunes Error 3194 By Checking Host Files
In this section, you will find solutions for your iPhone error 3194 by checking the host files:
Ш d 1. In this first step, iTunes must be closed before you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Open the hosts file on your computer:
- Windows: Go to C: WindowsSystem32driversetc and double click the hosts file. Select a publisher from the list of programs
Step 3. In the editor, find the Apple address 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com. This address sends the signature verification process to Cydia’s servers. The presence or absence of this redirection is the source of the error. What you need to do depends on whether you find this line or not:
For address 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com you only need to add # at the beginning.
If you don’t see it, add 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com to your hosts file.
Step 4: Save changes. This is how your iPhone makes the correct connection:
- Windows: Click the File menu and select Save.
Step 5: Open iTunes and try to restore or update your device again.
Following these steps will usually resolve error 3194.
Is it difficult for you to keep up? Don’t worry, read here for the simplest solution.
Solution 2. Fix IPhone / ITunes Error 3194 With Dr.Fone – System Restore Without Data Loss
If you still cannot fix iPhone error 3194, we recommend using dr.fone – System Restore. It can help you fix various iPhone errors without data loss. Don’t you know how to do it? Here’s how to fix error 3194 using dr.fone from Wondershare.
How To Successfully Fix Error 3194
Follow the step by step guide to fix iPhone error 3194 using dr.fone – System Repair.
Step 1: In this first step, download and install dr.fone and launch it on your computer. After that, open it and click “System Restore” in the main window.
Connect your device to your computer using a cablei USB. In the windows, click Standard Mode (save data) or Advanced mode (delete data).
Step 2: dr.fone will ask you to select your device model. If you are unsure, please read the manual for your device and click “Start” to install the firmware and wait for the process to complete.
Step 3: When the download is complete, click “Repair” to fix iTunes error 3194 without data loss using dr.fone.
The steps above should fix iPhone error 3194. Otherwise skip to the next section.
- 6 Ways to Fix iPhone and iOS App Crashes
Dr.fone – System Restore
Fix iPhone / iTunes error 3194 without data loss.
- Just restore your iOS to normal without data loss.
3981454 people downloaded it
Solution 3. Fix ITunes Error 3194 With Sensitive ITunes Repair Tool.
Frequent iTunes error 3194 pop-ups can also be related to issues in iTunes components. If all the solutions to fix iPhone problems do not stop aboutFor iTunes error 3194, you should try to repair iTunes components using dr.fone – iTunes Repair.
The following instructions will help you resolve iTunes error 3194:
- Click the “Start Download” button above to download Dr.Fone – iTunes Repair. Run the tool after installation.
- Once the dr.fone main window appears, click on “System Restore”. Then select “iTunes Repair” in the blue bar on the left. Then, use the appropriate cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Troubleshoot iTunes connection problems. Click Fix iTunes Connection Problems to investigate and fix problems that were preventing iPhone from connecting to iTunes. Then check if iTunes error 3194 is gone.
- Fix iTunes Errors: If iTunes error 3194 persists, click Fix iTunes Errors to check and fix major iTunes components. This will fix most iTunes bugs.
- Fix iTunes Errors in Advanced Mode: If iTunes error 3194 is still present, pleaseThe last thing you need to do is select “Advanced Recovery” to restore all iTunes components.