Home News How To Fix IPhone Backup Error

How To Fix IPhone Backup Error

This guide will help you if you run into an error while backing up your iPhone.

If you see an error that your iOS or iPadOS software is too old, learn how to update your device to restore a backup. If you are still unable to restore a backup, you may not be able to use that backup. Try a different backup or iCloud backup, or contact Apple Support for help.

Nobody seemed to answer for a while. To start a conversation, just ask a new question.

May 4, 2013 12:33 PM in response to digi geek In response to Digi Geek

error occuring backing up iphone

Hello Digi Geek!

Iresearched the issue I ran into and based on my research found a great article on how to fix security issues with your iOS device. It’s called iOS: iTunes Backup Troubleshooting and can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2529

Start here and use other troubleshooting methods as needed:

permission

A simple restart of your computer and iOS device can fix the backup problem. After restarting, try restoring again. Learn how to reset your iOS device.

To complete the rest of the steps in this article, you must be logged on to your computer with administrator rights. If you are not sure if you have administrator rights, contact the computer owner or system administrator.

All the best

Sterling

May 4, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 10, 2013 02:28 PM in response to Sterling r In response Sterling r

Hi I’m really stuck doing my best to include:

Activate airplane mode

Log in as an administrator on your PC

Disable antivirus

Restart your device and computer

2 long EE calls to Apple

Visit Genius Bar

And to top it all off, my phone sees Wi-Fi wherever I go, but I can’t access it, which is apparently “a problem Apple has never seen.” This means that my last cloud backup was a few weeks ago.

Are there any other gems you can gift, or will I have to ship my phone and lose everything I need to download to get a replacement?

September 10, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:45 am in response to Intllady Intllady’s answer

Intllady, I have exactly the same problem as you. Did you find something? I have not met anyone who has the same problems with the iPhone 5 as I do. I’m starting to think my shit. It will not sync with my computer due to “error” and notwill connect to wifi even though I know the passwords are correct. It is always just written “wrong password”. It also says that if there is no music or apps on my phone, I will have no memory. Please let me know if you know anything!

September 19, 2013 7:45

September 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM in response to digi geek In response to Digi Geek

I have an iPhone 4 and I was unable to upgrade to iOS7 because I saw the message “iTunes could not back up my iPhone due to an error.” The phone was updated in iCloud and updated on the computer 10 days ago.

Finally, I deleted some photos that I had in the application that kept the files secret. Apparently iTunes tried to back up those photos and probably failed due to security features App dangers. After that, the backup was completed, just like the iOS update.

September 20, 2013 15:58

September 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM in response to digi geek In response to Digi Geek

I had the same problem again

As described in the previous post, I deleted a lot of photos. I thought it was a corrupted file that could not be saved. It worked in July, but not when I tried to backup before installing ios7

However, I found a new way to solve this problem.

Sign in to iTunes. Go to Photos in iTunes. Check the boxes for the selected albums, events and faces, then deselect all albums and click Apply.

This action will remove all albums from your phone, but the photos will remain on your computer.

then doMake a backup.

After that, you can go back to the Photos tab and select all albums again if you want to return them to your phone.

September 24, 2013 16:02