Go to Settings> FaceTime and turn it off. Restart your device, then go back to Settings> FaceTime and turn it back on. … restart your Mac, then go back to FaceTime> Preferences> Preferences and click Sign In. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Apple ID you used on your Apple ID account page.
To use iMessage or FaceTime, you need to enable them on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you receive an error message during activation, try the following steps.
When you turn on iMessage or FaceTime, one of the following messages may appear:
- Pending activation
- Activation error
- An error occurred during activation.
- Unable to connect, please check your network connection.
- Unable to contact the iMessage server. Try again.
Check Your Device Settings
- Make sure you are connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll need SMS to activate your phone number using iMessage and FaceTime. In z Depending on your wireless service provider, you may be charged for this SMS.
- Go to Settings> General> Date