Hard Drive 1 Fast (303) is a generic error message indicating that the hard drive needs to be replaced. If your system is covered by an HP warranty, contact technical support so they can replace it. If not covered under warranty, you can order a hard drive and recovery CD from HP.
There are several reasons for Hard Disk Error 301. Below we will look at some of these errors.
- The motherboard may have a bad IDE / SATA controller chip.
- If the hard drive is physically damaged
- A virus attack may have occurred.
- If SMART disk check fails
- BIOS may be incorrectly configured or out of date.
- Accidental shutdown
You need to fix the smart hard disk error no matter the reason. You need this essential device.
How To Fix HP Smart Test Error Code 303
Note. Follow each step to make the process safer and easier.
Before removing the hard drive, do the following:
- Turn off or shut down your computer. DO NOT put it on standby. Shut down the operating system and disconnect all connected output devices.
- Disconnect your computer from the electrical outlet.
- Fromremove the battery.
After following the above steps, you can use the following method to remove the hard drive.
- Place the computer with the screen facing down towards you.
- Remove the screws that secure the hard drive to the connector.
- Lift the right side of the connector cover to remove it.
- Lift the hard drive and slide it to the left to remove it from the hard drive bay.
- Disconnect the hard drive cable from the bay.
- Remove the hard drive from the bay.
To replace the hard drive, follow these steps:
- To replace the hard drive, remove the following:
- Hard Drive Connector Cable
Assemble and install the new hard drive in reverse order. This is the procedure for removing and reinstalling a new hard drive. However, there are times when the message is still displayed. Then contact the servicejug customer support to solve the problem.