Home News How Do I Fix Calendar Errors?

How Do I Fix Calendar Errors?

Over the past few weeks, some users have informed us that they have encountered errors that we could not find.

Nobody seemed to answer for a while. To start a conversation, just ask a new question.

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:50 AM in response to km_in_dc_2011 In response to km_in_dc_2011

This trialLema came to me at about the same time as yours.

My solution was to change the iCal account information from my “alternate” email address to my actual “@ gmail” address. In iCal, go to set up the server path for your Google account. If your “secondary” email address appears along the way, simply replace that part with your actual Gmail address.

If you used an alternate email address as a custom setting, you may also need to change it for your Gmail user. In my case, my “user” is the same for both addresses, so I only changed the path to the server.

Gmail recently changed the way it handles alternate email addresses on the calendar. I suspect this is a side effect and now you need to use your actual @ gmail.com address in your iCal settings.

Or we have completely different problems.
Hurrah,
t ~

April 15, 2011 4:50 AM

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:04 AM in response to mary_lou In response to Mary_Lou

Ok … so it still can’t be updated on google (it shows all those old posts / appointments that I deleted a few weeks ago) … i moved the date (on google) and it started ical updated (yay) … then I (again) deleted ego from ical, and now the error message came back – but only on the delegate that had the assignment changes. frustrating.

The

further shows that only one of the four delegates cannot send updates. Of course, this is the most important delegate, the work schedule.

October 26, 2011 7:04 AM

October 26, 2011 12:08 pm in response to km_in_dc_2011 In response to km_in_dc_2011

I did that too (cleared the calendar cache) and it worked. However, there were some nuances.

1. When I first tried it, 2 calendars appeared in my iCal. Then I deleted one of them, closed iCal, returned to Finder and cleared the “Calendar Cache” and “Calendar Cache ~”.

This temporarily fixed the problem. However, my iCal lost contact with my Gmail calendar again after about 10 minutes.

I converted it into aIt’s a process, and now everything seems to be working fine. Appointments created in my iCal calendar but not synced to my Gmail calendar had to be tweaked a bit and then updated to sync back to my Gmail calendar (room). Fortunately, there weren’t many of them, since I haven’t had this problem for too long.

The people invited to the meetings then (finally) received their invitations.

October 26, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 26, 2011 2:45 PM in response to NickUsingAppleSupport In response NickUsingAppleSupport

accidentally I cleared the cache again …. no change … but tried to edit

How do I find my iCal link?

To find the iCal URL for a specific calendar, find the Export Calendar button and click it. From the menu that opens, select iCal Channel, then click Get Default iCal URL in the Calendar Feeds window.

Why can’t I add events to my calendar on Mac?

Make sure at least one local calendar is available to create events. Click the Calendar button in the bar at the top to see which ones are available. If it’s not there, create it in Menu> File> New Calendar. Open Menu> Calendar> Preferences and set “Default Calendar” to the local calendar below.

Why has my calendar disappeared from my Mac?