Home News Solutions For Windows Iis 7.5 Authenticated Access Denied

Solutions For Windows Iis 7.5 Authenticated Access Denied

If you have been denied access to Windows 7.5 Windows Authentication on your computer, this guide may help.

A 401 error occurs when trying to access the administration and support portals when the self-service portal is working correctly. This error is returned by Internet Information Services (IIS). This occurs when authentication fails in the administration or support portal.

IIS 7.5, Win2008 Server R2 – 401 – Unauthorized: Access Denied Due To Invalid Login Information.

09/04/2013 07:33 | MattLong | LINK

Object: IIS 7.5, Win2008 Server R2 – 401 – Unauthorized: Access Is Denied Due To Invalid Credentials.

09/05/2013 06:13 | Terry Go – MSFT | LINK

Hello Mattlong,

Following your description, I think you want to de-authenticate.

If yes, try the following solution:

Please try to check your authentication rules, you have no configuration restrictions, otherwiseAuthortest all users, create it:

1. Double-click the “secure” web directory again and select “Authorization Rules”.
    2. Remove all rules except the “Allow all users” rule.
    3. Click Add Tolerance Rule …, select the All Users radio button, and click OK.

iis 7.5 windows authentication access denied

If not, tell me what you need.

Regards,
    Terry Go

We try to better understand the customer’s perspective on social support. Click

HERE

to participate in the survey. Many thanks!

09/06/2013 21:52 | MattLong | LINK

I want Windows Authentication to be enabled, but for some reason it only works for my account and not for other users.

I have not set up any authentication rules. Once I installed it and get tiredI got the All Users role, it stopped working.

-matte

September 9, 2013 at 7:06 am | ServerIntellect_MK | LINK

Hello

As the owner of the site’s home directory, your credentials will work for authentication.

This directory requires the correct permissions for specific users or groups to have access and what access they have to this folder.

Check the Security tab in the folder properties for these permissions.

Hope this helps you, and if you need more help, don’t hesitate.

Regards,

Matt Kilburn

Server intelligence

www.ServerIntellect.com

Managed Servers, 24/7 US Support, Web Hosting Solutions.

• О vet

Object: IIS 7.5, Win2008 R2 Server – 401 – Unauthorized: Access Denied Due To Invalid Login Information.

September 10, 2013 at 01:15 AM | MattLong | LINK

I had all these settings, but they still didn’t work. It started working when I changed the AppPool id to network service. Do you have any idea why this works when I changed the density of the application pool in Network Services?

December 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM | danlkb1 | LINK

I know this is an old post … and I hope you found a cure … but after months of research … here’s what I finally discovered … about once a month my site breaks down for security reasons. .. and I configure it to work … but that might be the answer I was looking for …

UseAppPoolCredentials = True

Open IIS – click the appropriateWebsite, open “Configuration Editor” under “Server Components” and install

useAppPoolCredentials False to True …

restart IIS and come home happy !! (hopefully) – why is it not by default … I HAVE NO IDEA …

Here is some related information: http://blogs.technet.com/b/proclarity/archive/2011/03/08/useapppoolcredentials-true-with-kerberos-delegation-on-2008.aspx

Dan

iis7.5 Intranet Application pools

November 11, 2015 at 17:44 | Shameema | LINK

Select the appropriate website folder in IIS Manager and double-click Authentication in Function View. Enable Windows Authentication by right-clicking Windows Authentication.

October 31, 2016 at 4:03 PM | deicy11 | LINK

Hello Dan

We don’t know how to fix this problem. You may have a solution to this problem, or you can help us solve it.

thanks,

Daisy.

• Reason

The correct provider is not configured (or not installed) for the Windows authentication method on IIS.

Add Your Solution Here

How do I enable Pass through authentication in IIS 7?

How do I fix 401 unauthorized error IIS?

Open IIS and select the site causing the 401 error.In the IIS header, select the Authentication property.Choose anonymous authentication.Right-click it, select Modify, then Application Pool Identification.Reload the site and it should work.May 15, 2014