In this blog post, we are going to explore some of the possible causes that a custom Joomla 404 error page can cause. Then I will suggest some possible fixes that you can try to fix this problem.
- Posted by Steve Burge Steve Burge
- Posted: Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019
By default, Joomla does not offer a 404 page that you can easily create and manage.
The 404 code is very useful for directing visitors when they visit the wrong URL of your website.
I’ll show you how to create your own 404 page.
We will create Element, add a link to the menu and then add a little code to a file in your models folder.
Step 1. Create An Article
The first step in creating a custom 404 page is to create a new article.
- Title: Create something related to the 404 error as it might appear in your browser’s title bar.
- Alias: Enter a simple alias such as B. 404.
- Category: you can use Uncategorized or create another category.
- Element Text: Add or customize a 404 image or text. In this example, I created my own funny 404 image.
Step 2: Change The Parameters Of The Robot
- In the same article, go to the Publish tab. Look in the right column and click on the “Robot” field.
- Select No Index, No Tracking to prevent search engines from indexing this particular page.
- Click Save