In recent days, some of our users have informed us that they are encountering antivirus software offline. Five standalone antivirus programs to effectively protect your data.Avast Antivirus.Emsisoft Emergency Kit.BullGuard Antivirus.Avira PC cleaner.EScanAV Antivirus Toolkit.June 11, 2019
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in December 2017 and was revised and updated in February 2021 to ensure it is current, accurate, and complete.
The Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a suite of portable software that comes with a robust malware scanner, HijackFree and BlitzBlank in Pro version.
The free version of the software includes a powerful malware scanner that eliminates serious threats. You can run the program from a USB stick.
Here are some other important features:
- The program is great for protecting your computer from infections.
- It supports both command line and graphical interface.
- You can download it for free and purchase a pre-compiled USB stick for commercial use.
- You will need to download and run executables to extract the emergency kit.
- If you run the program on a system without an Internet connection, you must select No to bypass the online updateLearning definitions.
- The website updates the emergency kit executable at least once a day.
- Quick scan is light scan only.
- Custom scan scans the entire system.
A useful option is the whitelist, which optionally excludes files, folders and processes from scanning.
Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Avira Antivirus was the most popular free antivirus until the company teamed up with Ask.com and its nasty toolbar.
On the other hand, Avira’s detection rate is excellent and offline scanning helps protect your computer.
Avira has come a long way in recent years. The software has undergone significant changes in both the user interface and functionality.
Avira users can now take advantage of several desirable features that most other antivirus solutions lack:
- Superior protection against viruses, malware, and software gram ransomware.
- Free VPN with antivirus that keeps you safe and private.
- PC Accelerator to improve your system’s performance.
- Identity protection and password manager that automatically generates secure passwords for your various accounts.
- Scans your inbox and warns you about phishing emails.
- A modern firewall and PC cleaning solution.
When scanning with Avira, an Internet connection is not required. Download it now and enjoy protection even during downtime.
The eScanAV AntiVirus Toolkit is less well known than all of the programs mentioned above. On the other hand, these detection results put this program on the net or even outpace some big names.
eScanAV AntiVirus Toolkit also offers Antivirus Toolkit, which is a dedicated portable antivirus. This meansIt thinks it will work even if you are not connected to the Internet.
Check out the best features included in the software:
- Easy to use and all your options are in one window.
- Select zones and drives to scan.
- Select whether you want to scan disks or wipe them.
- You can also refer to the archives.
First of all, it is recommended to update any virus definitions that may be out of date. To do this, you need a computer with Internet access.
You will need to unzip mwav.exe and run mexe.com to run the program and click “Refresh” to get the latest definitions.
You can transfer mwav folder to offline computer after upgrade.
Download the eScanAV AntiVirus Toolkit
Here are our tips for choosing the best standalone antivirus software.
Each of them has unique useful features. However, all of these tools will ensure that your system stays safe and clean, even when you’re offline.
Please check them all and proanAfter analyzing their functionality, choose the best option to keep your computer secure.
Write to us in the comments if you have any suggestions or additions.
ðŸ¤ “What’s Wrong With Free Antivirus Software?
There really is no free antivirus. You always pay with something. Most antivirus companies limit the free version of their software to basic protection only. This leaves a lot of loopholes in your computer’s cyber security system. Hoping that you realize that you are not secure enough, the antivirus company tries to trick you into upgrading to a paid plan by sending you tons of notifications and advertisements.
Other antivirus companies even sell free user data to large corporations for marketing purposes, accusing the well-known free antivirus company Avast.
If you only use your device for simple web browsing or word processing, a free antivirus will probably work for you (and the ones on this liste, are the best of the best). Overall, however, when you store sensitive information on your Windows device, it’s always better to invest in a complete internet security suite than trusting free antivirus software.
Processor Vulnerability And Patch Assessment Tool
Processor Vulnerability Assessment and Patch Tool will scan your computer for Intel processor vulnerabilities such as Meltdown or Specter and help you download and install new patches in 1 click.
- Download Now