You may have encountered an error code indicating the reported error 0x80070057. There are several ways to solve this problem. We will talk about this now.
“I am using Outlook 2016 with Exchange Server (on Windows 10 platform). Since last week, I have been getting error 0x80070057 in MS Outlook while doing the send / receive process. This is a brand new laptop that I have been using for less than a month. How can I solve this problem? “
Requests like this are common and growing. Send / Receive error code 0x80070057 is exclusive to MS Outlook and affects Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 users. If you are one of the unfortunate few, you may see the error message then when you click the Send / Receive button.
Communication tools such as MS Outlook are used by many individual users and companies. Without a doubt, MS Outlook is the most reliable email client in the world. Like any other tool, Outlook is imperfect and requires bug fixes. From time to time, common errors and corruption issues such as Outlook not responding and file access denied can occur. However, several Outlook users recently reported a new error 0x80070057 to the Microsoft community. This happens when the userclicks the Send / Receive tab. This, in turn, can cause the Outlook client to crash and prevent the user from sending or receiving emails. Plus, you won’t even be able to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Several users with relatively new Outlook profiles on Microsoft Exchange have experienced this error repeatedly.
Causes of error code 0x80070057
Basically, this error can occur when synchronizing MS Outlook with the Exchange server. There are several known causes of this error:
- Choose the automatic account setup method instead of manual account setup to create a new profile in Outlook.
- Malware attacks.
- Registry entries are missing or corrupted.
- Sudden shutdown of system / Outlook due to power surge.
- PST or OST file corruption.
- Interference with your internet connection.
Ways to fix manually error code 0x80070057
We have developed several options for manual elimination of error code 0x80070057, described below:
Method 1: TroubleshooterWindows 10 app problems
The Application Troubleshooter can solve all the problems that you might encounter when updating an older version of Windows to a newer one.
- Click the Search tab and go to troubleshooting.
- Now click on “System and Security”.
- Then click on Windows Update and follow the instructions.
Method 2. Run the System File Checker (SFC).
System File Checker (SFC) is a tool from Microsoft that can repair corrupted files during a Windows installation.
- Go to the Search tab and type cmd.
- Make sure you are running Command Prompt as administrator.
- Then enter sfc / scannow in the text box and follow the instructions.
Method 3: reinstall the Outlook client
Error 0x80070057 often occurs due to incorrect installation of Outlook. So go to Control Panel and find “Programs and Features”. Then search for MS Outlook, uninstall it and reinstall it to check See if it works.
Method 4: Recover Outlook Data Files with Scanpst.exe
You can also use the built-in Scanpst.exe repair tool to repair PST or OST files. For Outlook 356, 2019 and 2016, you can find Scanpst.exe here –
(any version) C: Program Files Microsoft Office root office16
Method 5: update the driver
- Go to the “Search” section and enter the device manager.
- In the list of all devices, select “Hard Drive Drivers” and expand it.
- Click the Update Driver Software option.
> Method 6. Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- Click Start> Run.
- Enter Outlook / Safe in the text box and click OK.
- Then, in the Select Profile dialog box, select the default profile settings and click OK.
- This will automatically open Outlook in Safe Mode. Check the title bar to confirm this.
> Kernel Repair for Outlook PST
If you have tried all of the above manual methods to resolve error code 0x80070057 to no avail.Maybe it’s time to use a professional third-party tool for this. One such tool is Kernel for Outlook PST Repair. This Outlook PST recovery tool has amazing features and advanced algorithms. Some of the main features are listed below:
- Recover large PST files.
- Recover deleted emails in the blink of an eye
- Can also recover PST files in ANSI and UNICODE file format.
- Saves recovered PST files in DBX, MBOX, MSG, EML, TXT, RTF, HTML and MHTML formats.
- You can export the recovered PST file to Office 365, mail server and webmail.
Run the tool when finished with the installation. The main screen displays a user-friendly interface. You can select one file or multiple PST files to recover (see excerpt below).
Finally, we briefly discussed the cause of the error code 0x80070057.
We’ve also covered a total of six manual methods for solving this problem. In addition, we discussed the possibilities of Kernel for Outlook PST Repair Tool in case you were unable to solve the problem Manual problem. We recommend Kernel for Outlook PST Repair Tool as it can easily perform PST repair tasks
- Free Download 100% SECURITY
- Buy Now
Exchange is configured to only allow OAB downloads through public folder distribution. Outlook 2013 and later do not support downloading the offline address book from a public folder on an Exchange server. The Exchange server must be configured to enable downloading the offline address book using Web Distribution.
Why In Outlook 2010 And How To Fix It?
In Outlook 2010, the Outlook 0x80070057 error appears when synchronizing MS Outlook with an Exchange server. This error depends on the version of Exchange. The Outlook Knowledge Base article states that the most common reason was the mailbox in Exchange Server 2003. Another reason is the automatic account configuration method that is commonly used to create a new profile in Microsoft Outlook.
Solution To Fix Outlook Error 0x80070057
- Install the Outlook 2010 hotfix package from the Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid = kb; en-US; 2281463
- Create profile manually
- Open the messaging control panel.
- Click View Profile.
- Click the Add to Mail dialog box.
- In the New Profile dialog box, enter a name for the profile and click OK.
- After your display name and email address is displayed in the Add New Email Address dialog box, select the Configure manually or additional server check box and click Next.
- In the Mail Service dialog box, select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Options dialog box, enter the Exchange server name, verify the username, and click Next.
- Click Finish when the profile creation is successful.
- In the Mail dialog box, click OK.
- Start Outlook.
An Outlook user might also encounter Outlook error 0x80070057 when using 2013. However, the environmental factor is still somewhat similar — the ability for Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. Microsoft Outlook 2013 cannot download .oab (offline address book) fromExchange Server public folder. In MS Exchange Server, users can download the offline address book only through public folder distribution. This mismatch between Outlook 2013 and Exchange Server settings results in error code 0x80070057.To get a one-size-fits-all solution to this error, the Exchange operator (administrator) must enable the download of the offline address book file for Outlook users by authenticating through the web application.