do this. Every of the approaches talked about under will work in your Mac.
Why Is not Outlook Search Working?
If you’re searching for particular info in an e-mail message and Outlook doesn’t show any e-mail messages or search outcomes, there’s in all probability one thing mistaken with the Outlook search engine. There may be a number of causes for this problem in an Outlook account. Among the extra possible ones are listed under:
- Home windows search performance is disabled.
- Issues with the Home windows Indexing Service.
- Outlook East file is broken or corrupted.
- Legacy Microsoft Workplace.
There could also be many different unknown causes for this downside. Anyway, you’ll be able to repair this downside not working in Outlook very quickly by following the options under.
Methodology 1: Recreate Outlook Profile
Generally deleting the present Microsoft Outlook profile and re-creating it will possibly clear up the issue. Steps to delete and recreate Outlook profile are under.
- Open Outlook
- Go to Outlook, then to settings.
- SelectDelete accounts
- Choose an account with this downside and click on the minus signal (-)
- Affirm the motion and choose “Delete” when prompted to substantiate.
- After deleting the account, shut Outlook.
- Open the appliance file now.
- Proper-click Outlook and choose Present Bundle Contents.
- Now go to the “Content material” part and choose “ShareSupport”.
- Now open Outlook Profile Supervisor.
- Choose the principle profile you might be having issues with and click on the minus signal (-) to delete it. Affirm any extra requests.
- After deleting, click on the plus signal ( ) within the decrease left nook to create a brand new profile.
- Now rename the profile totally different from the principle one. It could possibly be your identify or no matter. Additionally, DO NOT embrace particular characters within the identify.
- Now open Outlook.
- Go to Outlook, then to settings.
- Choose accounts
- Click on the plus signal ( ) within the decrease left nook so as to add an account.
- Choose the specified account sort and continuethose
After including an account, test the search outcomes after the emails are synced and imported.
Methodology 2: Transfer The Message To One other Account
This isn’t an answer, however a workaround, however it works for a lot of customers. If you happen to transfer all messages which have this downside to a distinct short-term folder in Outlook, after which transfer them again to their unique folder, the search will work. It’s because this may drive Outlook to re-index them in the course of the search and they’ll seem within the search outcomes.
The steps are given under
- Open Outlook
- Whereas holding down the Ctrl key, click on the folder within the folder listing through which you wish to create a brand new folder. This newly created folder can be used as a short lived folder on your articles.
- Choose New Folder and identify it no matter you need. Now hit Enter.
- Now maintain down the Command key and click on the gadgets you wish to choose.
- When completed, click on Transfer
- Choose Choose Folder
- Now enter a nametarget folder. On this case, the identify of the folder we created above. When it seems in consequence, click on on it
- Choose “Transfer”
- In case your messages have been moved, repeat steps 4 by means of 8 to return messages to their unique folder.
on the Residence tab
If you’re executed, test your search outcomes and the whole lot ought to work tremendous. If you wish to delete the short-term folder you created, right-click the folder, choose Delete, and make sure any extra prompts.
Methodology 3: Examine Highlight’s Privateness Tab
Be certain that your Outlook profile or father or mother folder shouldn’t be beneath Highlight’s Privateness tab. If you happen to see your Outlook profile or father or mother folder in Highlight’s Privateness tab, Highlight can not search. Please take away it from the Highlight Privateness tab and take a look at once more.
Observe these steps to take away folders from the Highlight Privateness tab.
- Choose the Apple menu.
- Choose “Preferences” then “Highlight”.
- Open the Confidential tabSociality “.
- Now find your Outlook profile folder or one of many top-level folders
- If you discover a folder, choose it and click on the minus signal (-) within the decrease left nook to take away it from the Privateness tab.
- Repeat this step for all folders related along with your Outlook profile.
within the listing.
If you’re executed, exit out of system preferences and wait a bit, as reindexing will take a while for Highlight. After reindexing is full, test if the search works once more or not.
Methodology 4: Repair The Mounted Highlight Index
If nothing works, it is vitally possible that the Highlight index is corrupted. There are a number of steps you’ll be able to take to re-index your Highlight index. This can repair this problem if the problem is brought on by a corrupted Highlight index.
Steps are under
- Restart your Mac to ensure Highlight Indexing Providers are working.
- Whereas holding down the CMD (command) key, press the spacebar.
- Kind terminal and press Enter.
- Kind mdimport – L and press Enter. Now test if you happen to see multiple Microsoft Outlook Highlight Importer.mdimporter. Uninstall the Outlook app you aren’t utilizing. If you’re executed, empty it out of the Trash, restart your Mac, and skip to step 1.
- Login now
mdimport -g “/ Purposes / Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Library/Highlight/Microsoft Outlook Highlight Importer.mdimporter” -d1 “/ Customers /
/ Library / Group Containers /UBF8T346G9.Workplace / Outlook / Outlook 15 profiles / –
The -g possibility now not works in current variations of Home windows. So if the above does not give you the results you want, strive the next command and proceed with the following steps:
mdimport -r "/ Purposes / Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Library/Highlight/Microsoft Outlook Highlight Importer.mdimporter" -d1 "/ Customers /
/ Library / Group Containers / UBF8T346G9. Workplace / Outlook / Outlook 15 profiles / -
and press Enter. Bear in mind to exchange “
Observe. -g means the default set up location for Outlook, and the tackle after -d1 is the default path to your profile folder. If you happen to put in Outlook wherever, change your path to -g. If you happen to modified the trail to your Outlook profile folder, change that path to -d1.
Watch for the method to finish, as Highlight can be required to re-index it. Then test your search once more.
How do I allow search in Outlook for Mac?
- Within the navigation pane, click on Mail.
- On the Edit menu, level to Discover and choose Outlook Gadgets. The Search tab will open.
- Outline the search scope by clicking the scope button on the Search tab; B. Subfolders or all emails.
- Add one of many following standards to refine your search: