Some users reported recently that they encountered Spotify proxy error 117.
Spotify error 117 occurs when your computer’s firewall is blocking a program that accesses the Internet and downloads the data it needs to stream music. Other reasons: Registry keys are corrupted. Windows files and settings have changed.
In my experience,
error 117 usually has two causes:
is a firewall or other software blocking Spotify.
– ISP is blocking Spotify due to its P2P connections.
You can try:
– Remove Spotify.
– Remove Spotify entries from your firewalls (be sure to check your security software, windows firewall and router firewall if applicable).
– Reinstall Spotify.
– Check if it is on the firewalls allowed lists. If you are using Windows Firewall, select Start> Control Panel> Windows Firewall> Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall> Spotify> check the boxes for Private and Public.
What Is Spotify Error Code 30
Spotify Error Code 30 is an example of a firewall error in the Spotify app on Windows 10 devices andmacOS. It comes with a message: “Firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. You can also try changing the current proxy settings (error code: 30) –
Fix Spotify Error 117: Configure Firewall
Fix Spotify Error 117
Spotify: Bug 117 Fixed – Different Approaches
Spotify proxy settings
Spotify proxy settings
Spotify Error 117 means there is a connection problem and the software cannot connect to the server. Make sure your
The computer is connected to the Internet
. If so, it is likely blocking the Spotify firewall.
- You can use Windows Firewall. You need to make sure Spotify is not blocked. Your firewall should be configured to only allow certain programs. You need to add Spotify to the exceptions list. This article provides additional instructions for managing Windows Firewall.
- You have installed b It is a third party firewall and you need to enable Spotify here as well. As a test, you can temporarily disable the firewall and see if that fixes the error.
- Error 117 can also occur if the Spotify server is overloaded. In this case, you will have to wait until the problem is resolved.
- In some cases, reinstalling Spotify helps. You can download the current software version here.
- Check your Spotify proxy settings. To do this, click “Change” in the software panel menu, then “Settings”. In the Proxy section, try the Auto Detect and No Proxy options. You should use a proxy server and check that the values you entered are correct.
If the problem persists, you can contact Spotify support. Contact information
can be found here