If your computer shows system recovery by BIOS error code, you should read these repair tips.
- Connect a USB keyboard to Workstation 6.
- Turn on or restart the workstation.
- Press F2 immediately after pressing the power button and before the BIOS boot screen. You can press F2 several times until the setup program starts.
To perform a system recovery from BIOS:
- Enter BIOS.
- Connect a USB keyboard to Workstation 6
- Power on or restart the workstation.
- Press F2 immediately after pressing the power button and before the BIOS boot screen. You can press F2 several times until the setup program starts. If the workstation starts the operating system without launching the utility, restart the workstation and try again.
- On the Advanced tab, use the arrow keys to select Special Setting and press Enter.
- Select Factory Recovery and press Enter.
- Select “On” and press Enter.
- Press F10, select Yes and press Enter to save the configuration changes and exit the configuration utility. Workstation 6 will automatically reboot.
- The workstation will reboot and the message “Entering Recovery Mode” will appear.
- If the message “System is resetting Oracle Linux to factory default” is cleared … Are you sure you are continuing? (Y / N) – appears, in Put y and press Enter.
- After the recovery process is complete, the workstation will be restarted with the Oracle Linux mini-configuration for MICROS.
What Is System Restore?
System Restore is a Windows feature that lets you restore your computer to a previous state. These restore points can be installed automatically or manually.
This guide describes the recovery function for the following Windows versions:
- Windows XP
If you’re looking for a recovery drive for your computer, see Loading a recovery drive.
To start Automatic Repair in Windows 8, do the following:
- Start Recovery Mode
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Select your operating system.
- When prompted, select an administrator account.
- Wait for the automatic completionMy recovery.
- When finished, click Shutdown Options or Advanced.