In some cases, your system may generate an error indicating that a blue screen is displayed with a Windows 7 page error. This error can be caused by a number of reasons. A PAGE ERROR IN A NON-PAGE AREA (or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) occurs when the Windows operating system cannot find any data that should be stored in a non-paged area. This error usually occurs due to hardware problems such as: B. Bad sectors on the hard disk.
I was recently working on a client computer and had to restart it due to a fresh install of the application. However, after rebooting, the computer turned blue and displayed the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
At first I thought it had something to do with the app I just installed. So I decided to restart my computer in safe mode and uninstall the application. It seemed to work because the BSOD was gone, but only for a short time.
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCD3DD628, 0x00000001, 0x804EFC9A, 0x00000000)
After a few more reboots, the message came back! After doing a little research, I found that this error message basically means that Windows is trying to find a data item in memory that it can’t find.
According to Microsoft, this error can be caused by faulty hardware (RAM, hard drive), antivirus software, damaged NTFS volume, or faulty drivers. In this article, I will introduce you to various solutions, some of which are easier than others.
Please note that bad memory (RAM) is the main cause of this error, but I will not mention it below just because it may be necessary to open your computer and add / remove RAM Chips. I think most people would like to avoid this, so if any of this worked, I listed the easiest solutions first.
What Is The Cause Of The CorreptionsFault_In_Nonpaged_Area Error?
According to Microsoft , this error occurs when your computer requests a page from RAM or hard drive, but it is not available. Certain antivirus or internet security measures can cause this error as well.
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine got this error on his Windows 7 computer. He spent all day looking for a solution to help fix this error online. He had this error five times on his computer, and it happened by accident if he was playing a game or browsing the Internet.
Now that I helped him identify and fix the cause of this error, I would like to show you some interesting solutions that can be usedCall for a “Page error in non-paged area” error on your computer.
Method One: Use Windows Advanced Options
One method that you can use to resolve this error is to restore your computer to the last known good configuration. This method will allow your computer to revert to the last settings before the error occurred. Here are the steps:
- Shut down your computer completely.
- Turn on your computer. On startup, you should see a black screen with white text.
- Press F8 on your keyboard (or F2 if you don’t see results with the F8 key).
- Hold down the F8 key until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.
- When you get to the menu, find the Last Known Well Configuration option and press Enter.
Your computer should start with Last Known Good Configuration settings. The error “Page error in non-paged area” should disappear temporarily.
- Restart your computer, but instead of pressing F8 (or F2), press F12 (or F10 if you don’t see any results onpressing the F12 key).
- Hold down the F12 key for a few seconds. You will see a new menu and you will need to select the Disable Memory Cache option.
- When you have made your choice, restart your computer and let it boot completely.
- After booting, press Windows R on your keyboard and type “chkdsk / f / r C:” (without the quotes). Press the Enter key.
The command will check the hard drive for errors and fix any problems with the hard drive. Verify that these steps resolve the “Page error in non-paged region”.
Second Way: Turn Off Automatic Paging
Another method that you can use to fix page faults in an unsupported area of Windows is to turn off automatic paging. Do the following:
- Open “My Computer” and right-click it.
- Select Properties, go to Advanced System Settings, then to Performance Options. Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Modify and disable Automatically manage pod file sizechecks for all drives “.
- After completing the previous step, click OK and save the settings.
- Restart your computer.
Method Three: Disable And Update Faulty Device Drivers
One of the errors that can cause this non-paged area page error is a faulty device driver on your computer. In this case, you can update, disable, uninstall or reinstall the corrupted driver. Do the following:
- Go to Control Panel and select Device Manager. You can also press Windows R, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- Look for drivers with a yellow exclamation mark. Right-click the driver, select Update Driver Software and follow the instructions.
- If opithe above step did not help, disable or remove the faulty driver.
If you are looking for a more convenient and faster way to recover corrupted device drivers, the ideal option is to use Auslogics Driver Updater. When you run this program, it will automatically scan your computer for driver problems. Get a complete report on outdated, corrupted, or missing drivers. The program allows you to easily update your drivers to the latest version recommended by the manufacturer.
Fourth Way: Solve Memory Problems
Problems with your computer’s RAM can be another cause of the error. In this case, the ideal solution would be to runь Windows memory diagnostics. If you have determined that RAM is the source of the problem, follow these steps:
- Shut down your computer completely.
- Remove the battery and disconnect all power cords.
- Detach the RAM bar.
- Install the RAM bar correctly.
- Restart your computer and check if the error “Page error in unsupported region” is resolved.
Fix A Page Error In The Non-replaced Area Immediately After Starting The Computer
In some cases, a blue screen appears immediately after starting the computer. In this case, we recommend that you boot into Safe Mode and follow the instructions below:
- Press the power button on the lock screen.
- Hold down the Shift key and click Restart. Hold down the Shift key until you see the change. You may see a message like “Please wait” or something else.
- In a few seconds you will be redirected to a new window. Follow this thread:
- Troubleshooting -> Advanced Options -> Startup Options
- This command should a restart your computer.
- After restarting the computer, the basic safe mode options are displayed.
- Next, you will need to configure your computer to generate a minidump. If you are unsure how to generate a dump file, you can contact the moderators on the Microsoft Answer forum.
- Restart your computer.
- You can return to normal download mode. If the error “Page error in non-paged area” occurs again, your computer generates a minidump file.
- Please try again in safe mode.
- Open the dump file in a blue screen viewer.
- You should be able to see the driver or services that are causing the problem on your computer.
- From here you can use a driver updater or a program like Auslogics Registry Cleaner. You should be able to repair faulty drivers or remove duplicate or invalid entries in the Windows registry.
Have we missed any other solutions to this error?
We’d love to hear from you! Let us know in the comments below!