These fix ideas are worth reading if your computer is showing an error code for the Windows 8 taskbar.
While Microsoft is actively trying to improve the quality of its operating systems by constantly releasing new updates and fixes, there are some issues that elude a hack and are only resolved after a certain registration period. One issue reported by users is a system issue that prevents the taskbar from being responsive in Windows 8.
Photo credits: Â gawkerassets
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC repair tool: This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your computer to achieve maximum the best performance. Solve PC problems and remove viruses now in three easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC repair tool complete with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows problems that may be causing problems with your computer.
- Click “Repair All” to resolve issues affecting the security and performance of your computer.
- 0 followers have downloaded Restoro this month.
Users experiencing this issue reported that the taskbar, and sometimes other Windows components, such as PC settings, the new Start screen, or icon bar, have stopped responding and cannot change settings or access features. The problem usually occurs when certain applications are launched in Desktop and Modern UI modes.
Also Read: Â Download the Latest Dolby for Windows 8.1
What Problems May AriseStart With A Taskbar?
Given the many features of the Windows 10 taskbar, it can be quite tricky if you can’t use it. Here are some of the problems you may encounter with the Windows 10 taskbar:
- Inactive taskbar: The taskbar icons can no longer be clicked, making it unusable.
- Docked taskbar: The taskbar no longer responds to your commands.
- Right-clicking does not work: it blocks access to some programs and other taskbar functions.
- Sketches no longer work.
- Spindle no longer working: The taskbar spindle function is not working, making it difficult to quickly access the programs you want.
- Search function no longer works: You can no longer use text and sound elements of the search bar.
- Unable to start taskbar: the taskbar stops working from the moment the system starts.
- Jump list error: Jump list function does not work.
- Cortana Error: Cortana is not working.
- Missing icons. Pinned iconsThose on the taskbar are no longer available.
- Unresponsive Icons: The icons do not respond to your commands.
- Auto hide / lock error: Auto hide or lock does not work.
How To Fix The Taskbar Not Working Problem In Windows 7, 8 And 10
The Windows taskbar was first introduced in Microsoft Windows 95 and is part of a graphical user interface (GUI) that serves a variety of purposes. Usually shows what programs are running. The specific design and layout of the taskbar varies from operating system to operating system, but is usually in the form of a long strip around the edge of the screen. The bar contains various icons that correspond to open windows in related programs. Clicking on these icons allows the user to easily switch between programs or windows, with the currently active program or window usually looking different from others. Newer versions of operating systems also allow users to pin programs or files so that they can be quickly accessed, often with just one click.
Wi taskbarndows can be changed in several ways. You can reposition the taskbar so that it appears on any edge of the screen. Users can change the height (or width if the taskbar is vertical) of the taskbar to half the viewing area. The taskbar as a whole can be hidden until the mouse pointer moves to the edge of the display or until the keyboard gains focus. Having the taskbar on top of the operating system has many benefits. However, there may be problems with this graphical user interface element, and not only in Windows 10. This “taskbar not working” problem is a common occurrence for Windows users. In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix the taskbar when it stopped working normally or doesn’t work at all.