Over the past week, some of our readers have received the familiar error message that Windows Installer is not responding. This problem can arise for several reasons. We’ll cover them below.
This can be a problem if the Windows Installer is not correctly registered on the computer.
Make sure the Windows Installer service is running under Services.
1. Click Start
2. Enter services
in the start search field.
3. Right Click – RUN BY ADMINISTRATOR
ConvincingMake sure the following services are in the specified state and start the startup type.
Windows Installer? Start. Automatic Manual.
Unregister Windows Installer and re-register Windows Installer. To do this, proceed as follows:
1. On the Start menu, click Run
2. Type “msiexec / unreg” in the “Open” field and press Enter.
3. From the Start menu, click Run.
4. Type “msiexec / regserver” in the “Open” field and press Enter.
I hope you find this information useful.
Photo Credit: Amrita M
Regards, Andre, Windows MVP Insider