Here are some simple steps you can take to fix the Windows Installer service unavailable issue.
Unable to access the Windows Installer service. This can happen if you are using Windows in Safe Mode or if Windows Setup is not installed correctly. Please contact support for help.
Reasons Why Windows Installer Is Not Working
Windows Installer is a Microsoft Windows component used to install, maintain, and remove software. So how to fixIs the Windows Installer service unavailable or fix the problem with the Windows Installer not working?
These are the main reasons for this error and you can find the best solution for this problem:
- Windows Installer is not installed correctly.
- Windows Installer files are damaged or missing.
- Registration permissions or.
- Windows Installer is out of date or has a compatible issue.
Don’t worry if you run into this problem on your computer. Try the methods presented in the next part to get Windows Installer to work correctly again on Windows 10/8/7.
Method 1: Check The Windows Installer Service
1. Click Start, type Services.msc and press Enter.
2. Double-click the Windows Installer service.
3. Set the Windows Installer startup type to Manual.
4. Right-click the service and select Start to start the service. Record the error message if necessary.
5. Click OK.
Method 2: De-register And Re-register The Windows Installer Service
1. Click Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter. At the command line, enter MSIEXEC / UNREGISTER and press Enter. Even if you do it correctly, you may not see anything on the command line.
2. Click Start, Run, type CMD and press Enter. At the command line, enter MSIEXEC / REGISTER and click OK. Even if you do it correctly, you may not see anything on the command line.
3. Now try installing the Windows Installer again.
Me ode 3: Run An SFC Scan On The Computer
1. Click “Start”, “Run”, enter CMD and run as administrator.
2. Enter the following command and press ENTER: sfc / scannow
Note. The sfc / scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces the wrong versions with the correct Microsoft versions.
3. If rare files are damaged, SFC will replace them. You may be prompted to insert the Win7 DVD to continue this process.
4. When scanning is complete, close the Command Prompt window, restart your computer and check.
Method 4: Fix The Registry
The registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / services / msiserver would be corrupted. The solution is to delete this registry key and import the msiserver registry key from another work computer. Reboot your computer.
I canThere are other ways to solve this problem. If you know them, add them in the comments. I will add them to the post.