This guide lists some of the possible causes that might cause the Windows Update CD to start. Next, I will explain the possible solutions to this problem.
What if your computer’s CD or DVD drive stops working? Fortunately, this is often an easy solution.
What If There Is No DVD Drive In Windows 10?
- Remove IDE ATA / ATAPI Controller from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Make sure your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set the DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove virtual disk software
- Hardware troubleshooting.
- Load standard BIOS settings.
- Start SFC scan.
- Use DISM
Use Windows Update To Fix Problems With Your Windows 10 DVD Drive.
An optical drive often works fine on an older version of Windows or Windows 10. It will stop working after you upgrade to a newer version. The first thing you can do is check Windows Update, and then install the latest drivers if you have them. For example, Microsoft has released updates for Windows 10 Anniversary Update and version 1511, which fix problems with optical drives. In this case, the problem was caused by the solution.
Click Start> Settings> Update